Monday, September 17, 2007

A Peaks September Evening






I barely made it out the door, camera in hand, as the sun was going down. The evening light is, as usual, so very special this time of the year. You really have to be alert for it's either dash out the door or clean up the dinner dishes. Tonight I decided on the dash. Of course I threw some dishes into the dishwasher so I could return to the house but I just wanted to be outside for ten more minutes before calling it a day.

It is that time of the year you spend as much time as possible outside inhaling enough oxygen to survive the winter months. There will be plenty of time for cleaning dishes, reading and dvd watching in the months ahead. For today, get outside and savor every minute.

I just wandered around the corner down to Centennial Beach and caught a couple of shots in the fading light. Ansel Adams they're not but they do capture the peace and quiet of a fading day on Peaks Island. Enjoy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you certainly have some spectacular views,bob i can see why you hate to leave the island i have just finished reading a book you might enjoy---it would seem to go along with your musings---THE WAY OF SOLOMON by RAMI SHAPIRO teddy

9/26/2007 1:59 PM  
Blogger Rob Tiffany said...

Welcome Ted to my little blog combining a little writing with a few pictures. Please come back and roam around by clicking on a different month; try July,'07 for some fun 1970's pictures. Please e-mail me at: robtpeaks@yahoo.com so I can obtain your e-mail. Have had a couple of wonderful conversations with Mary in Utah; really good to talk with her. Glad you enjoyed your visit. Bob

9/27/2007 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home