Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's Not Snowing on Peaks Island!












At long last, the snow has ceased falling on our heads, the wind has died down, the streets have been plowed and the shoveling is just about done. Today, Thursday, is a wonderful Maine Day complete with sun and no wind; perfect!! The sky is cloudless and that certain deep blue that only comes right after a winter storm in Maine. The pictures are from a walk I took around the Centennial Street neighborhood yesterday so the clouds were still present but maybe later today after some more shoveling I can get out and try to capture some of the sun's effects. Today is a good peaceful day for the islanders.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rob. I just booked our rental for this summer on Peaks. We run the annual Road Race. I just saw that instead of the the 3rd wk. in July it's July 31st. I know you're a tight knit community and was wondering if you knew if that date was correct? If you don't have the answer, no worries. Just figured I'd ask my connection to Peaks. Stay warm and I love the newest pics.- Jess0531@sbcglobal.net

2/01/2010 7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for the bother again. I got my answer about the race and that was the right date. This is the vacation and race we look forward to all year and I was so worried we were going to miss it.

2/01/2010 8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got an answer since I didn't have a clue. That's the weekend I tend to go into hiding there's so much going on. Count the days til!!!

Rob

2/04/2010 7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Skip Crawling Downloads With NZB Files You Can Hastily Search Movies, Console Games, MP3 Albums, Applications & Download Them @ Flying Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet Search[/B][/URL]

2/04/2010 9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny. I figured that weekend must drive everyone living on the island nuts! We're always saying, imagine if you lived here year round and had to deal with all of us?? I guess patience is a virtue for islanders during July and August

2/06/2010 10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surprisingly, we really do enjoy the faces of visitors arriving on the boat in the late Spring. It's like the arrival of the robins. Yet, come late August, I'll admit we do breathe a heavy sigh of relief to have our community back.

Rob

2/07/2010 11:40 PM  
Blogger Kathleen Paylor said...

I'm hoping to move there for the winter in September (from Southern California, no less!) and am enjoying reading your blog.

6/04/2010 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home