Monday, August 04, 2008

A Peaks Islander's 1st Lobster






Last week, Jill and I attended a very large, fun filled island party extravaganza. A simple gathering of 200 close friends----and, trust me, they really were. Nothing like fully celebrating the completion of large renovation projects on two houses complete with extensive landscaping as a prime reason to throw a party. It was indeed a party complete with catered lobster dining, a full band, numerous adult beverages and large tents everywhere. A wonderful way to say an island thank you to the many many individuals connected with a year long effort. All I could think of was clicking my sandals twice and no longer being on Peaks Island but rather Nantucket or Marthas Vinyard.

The highlight for me though was watching a rite of passage occur. Daisy is a wonderful young lady who will be leaving the island this Fall to continue her education in Portland at a Middle School. It was the perfect time for her to learn the secrets of eating a Maine lobster. It was a delight watching her face change as she considered the task ahead, pondered the eternal question of "do I really want to do this", accept the inevitable that yes, today was the day for this large leap of faith and finally, the face of enjoyment. Wonderful facial changes; enjoy every shot of a delightful individual. Good luck Daisy and thanks for the pictures.

2 Comments:

Blogger jamie peeps said...

I had lots of fun eating my lobster! Those are some great picture of me and my mom, and the lobster. I'm happy you put me on your blog!
Thanks,
Daisy

8/08/2008 9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Daisy. I always enjoy watching people tackle their lobsters in so many different ways. That was some party. I'm glad you enjoyed my little blog.

Rob

8/08/2008 11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home