Monday, June 19, 2006

My Father's Day


This was the most special Father's Day I've ever experienced. All my adult life I tended to pooh pooh Father's Day and always just really wanted to sit, be quiet, read the Sunday Paper and watch the final round of the U.S. Open golf tournament and talk to my sons. Somewhere in my life I picked up the belief that if you didn't try to be a good Dad for 364 days, one day set aside to buy stuff for dear old Dad didn't mean too much.

Well, this Father's Day utterly knocked my socks off. Jill apparently wanted to purchase an IPod for me to match my absolute love of varied music. Jill also knew this was a mismatch from the outset so she contacted Josh for some assistance. Soon Sean out in Boulder was involved as well. Together, they pooled their resources and bought me this wonderful little beauty of an IPod with a huge 30gb of memory. Translated, it means this little thing can hold about 7,000 songs.

To get me "started", Josh plotted out a little over 1,000 songs he knew I'd enjoy and loaded it up. To say I was stunned would be a major understatement. After only two days I can now navigate my way around it and pick whatever album or song I want to hear. I'm already planning more albums I want to add. At some point I'll figure out how to do that without deleting everything already on it--I hope.

My heartfelt thanks to all for such a wonderful, thoughtful gift. I love you all. I was using it while making tonight's dinner when Jill caught me enjoying my new gift. Thanks for the memory maker; it will be used often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home