Saturday, October 07, 2006

Columbus Day Weekend




The last hurrah of the summer season is definitely going on this weekend. Our summer residents have long since departed for their winter lives all over the country. Yet, its always been a tradition that one final trek back to Peaks occurs on Columbus Day Weekend. One last chance to see friends, walk the beach, put some logs on a fire and live at a slower pace for just a couple of days. Of course, that's the image but it just never seems to work out that way.

Rushing to catch the boat, rushing to get some food together for a potluck cocktail hour and trying to do everything that has to be done to close up the cottage for the winter so the pipes won't burst in the first cold snap of the winter. I will admit I do enjoy sitting and just watching the parade rush on by at Hannigans Market. Come Tuesday, the Island will be fully returned to the locals and we can again lead our lives of quietness for the next six months until the tide of humanity roars back in again. Oh well, it does help me keep track of what season it is.

The weather has been beautiful this past week; crystal clear, dry, cooler and some beautiful sunsets. Sorry, but here's another sunset from last night. They're all beautiful and they're all different. Just can't seem to get enough of the good ones.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never apologize for taking great photos of beautiful sunsets! I love them!

10/07/2006 1:56 PM  
Blogger Rob Tiffany said...

Oh OK, I'll keep looking for great sunset pictures to take. It definitely is the season for some stunners; just have to keep the camera within reach. Anything for my main fan!!

10/09/2006 12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay-Okay--so we haven't been over for awhile! How long will Jill's swing be up!--I am island-deprived!--AL

10/09/2006 3:50 PM  
Blogger Rob Tiffany said...

It'll be up for a few more weeks. We're booked pretty solid in the coming weekends but the Oct 21st weekend looks vacant right now. After that it's not until like mid November we're free. Glad to read your voice :-))))

10/10/2006 4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, Rob, I keep being drawn in like a moth to a flame. There HAS to be something better than here and you keep pointing it out. IF I could just make the break...Keep showing me the way. You're becoming my Billy Graham with a sense of humor!!

10/21/2006 2:44 PM  
Blogger Rob Tiffany said...

Jeanne, you always make my day with your kind comments. I'm so happy to play even a minute role in helping you get through a day. There are better days a comin', trust me!!!!!!

10/23/2006 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home